Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 lb ground beef (90%/10%)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 small green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can diced green chiles
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 12 oz bottle beer/ale
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Olive/vegetable oil
- In a large pot saute onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent (but not browned).
- Add ground beef and cook until browned; drain excess fat if desired.
- Add sugar, spice mix, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 - 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add beer and beef broth to deglaze the pot; scraping up any pieces stuck to the bottom.
- Simmer for 3 - 4 minutes then add tomatoes and chiles.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer at least 1 hour.
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 c milk
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan and sprinkle in flour.
- Whisk mixture together several minutes unitl bubbly and slightly browned.
- Add milk and a dash of salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a low boil.
- Add cheese and stir to combine.
Chili Cheese 'Chups Dip
- In a shallow serving bowl, ladle chili to cover bottom of the bowl to about 1 inch in depth.
- Using a large spoon, pour cheese sauce over top of the chili, spreading cheese over entire surface so that chili is hidden beneath.
- Top cheese with sliced green onion and a healthy drizzle of your favorite 'Chups flavor!
- Serve with pretzels that took you forever to make!
- Take a nap.