Blackened Chicken Sandwich
- chicken breasts
- preferred spice blend (we used Jerk Central); or make your own using paprika, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- grilled red onions
- cheddar cheese slices
- Cherry 'Chups
- Hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
- Fry bacon in a pan, or roast in the oven on a foil-lined sheet approximately 10 minutes, until browned.
- While bacon is cooking, heat grill to medium high.
- Lightly oil chicken breasts and coat with jerk seasoning.
- Slice red onion into half-inch slices and lightly coat with oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken breasts several minutes per side, until firm. Remove from heat and top with cheese slices.
- Grill onion slices until slightly softened and grill marks appear. Flip and repeat, then remove from heat.
- Assemble the sandwiches by topping the bottom bun with mayo, lettuce, and tomato. Follow with chicken, cheese, and bacon. Top with Cherry 'Chups and the top bun.
- Devour with reckless abandon!