Crispy Chickpea Tacos with Plum 'Chups
- 2 16 oz cans chickpeas
- 3 zucchini squash
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Corn tortillas
- Queso fresco
- Lime wedges
- Plum 'Chups
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and brush with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Brush poblano peppers with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Grill on high heat for 5 minutes, turn, grill for 3 minutes more until grill marks appear and peppers are blistered.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup olive oil on high in a nonstick pan until shimmering.
- Add chickpeas to pan and sprinkle with salt, chipotle, garlic and cinnamon. Stir or toss pan to coat.
- Add onion, stir, and allow chickpeas to cook in one layer undisturbed for 5 minutes. Stir and allow to cook 5 more minutes, then repeat (15 minutes total cooking time).
- While chickpeas are cooking warm tortillas in oven or on the grill, slice zucchini strips in half lengthwise, and peel peppers, remove seeds, and slice into thin strips.
- To plate, stack 2 tortillas side by side, add zucchini strips, peppers, and 1 spoonful chickpeas.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime, queso fresco, and top with a spoonful of Plum 'Chups.