'Chups Pumpkin Pork Tenderloin w/ Apples, Shallots, and Pecans
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 medium honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin 'Chups
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 bunch fresh sage + 1 Tbsp diced sage
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Butcher string
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Heat a sauce pan over medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil
3. Add apples, shallot, pecans. Season with salt & pepper and saute several minutes.
4. When apples begin to soften and brown add Worcestershire and Pumpkin 'Chups.
5. Saute several minutes until mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat.
6. Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool 30 minutes.
7. Butterfly pork tenderloin and pound flat. Season with salt & pepper.
8. Stuff tenderloin with apple and 'Chups mixture. Roll to shape and secure with butcher string.
9. Season tenderloin with salt & pepper.
10. Refrigerate, if desired, or immediately sear tenderloin in a hot skillet with olive oil.
11. Brown tenderloin on both sides, then add 2 tablespoons of butter and a sprig of sage.
12. Baste tenderloin with butter from the pan for 1 minute.
13. Place skillet directly in preheated oven and cook approximately 8 minutes.
14. Remove skillet from oven and allow tenderloin to cool on a cutting board before slicing.