Blueberry Chipotle Smoked Chicken Wings
Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
1 jar Blueberry 'Chups
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 whole dried chipotle peppers (halved and deseeded)
1. Combine honey, vinegar, salt, and chipotle peppers in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
2. Simmer ingredients for 20 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add Blueberry 'Chups and stir thoroughly.
4. Simmer additional 5 minutes and remove from heat.
5. Pour into plastic or glass container and refrigerate at least 12 hours before using.
Smoked Chicken Wings
- 24 chicken wing sections (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- salt & pepper
- Hickory chips (pre-soaked in water)
1. Place chicken wings in charcoal smoker (temperature at 225 to 250 degrees)
2. Add hickory chips to smoker.
3. Smoke chicken wings for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours, until browned and cooked through.
4. Remove from heat and toss allow to rest 5 minutes.
5. In batches, toss wings in metal bowl with enough blueberry BBQ sauce to coat.
6. Remove to plate and add additional sauce as needed.